Sunday, September 23, 2007

The stars at night, are big and bright......deep in the heart of...Texas

Here is our house in Texas, Big T was standing on the corner of the property when he took it. See how far away the neighbors are??? All of the lots on our street are 4 acres, so there is a little room between the houses. I could run around naked in the backyard and no one would see...well I wouldn't do that, Big T might, though...hehehe, just kidding. The area is up on a slightly sloping hill, we are at the top. It will be so nice to not have the ghetto bird flying above all the time, and spotlights in the backyard. Big T said there was a train a mile away that we can hear. Hmmmm, quiet...I don't know if I will be able to sleep without all the noise. But i am sure excited to try and slow down the pace a bit. Hopefully!
I will be working from home, so that will help a little. It will be nice to have family closer to visit with, especially at the holidays. We might even have to go visit my dad next April in smalltown Mangum, Oklahoma for the Rattlesnake derby...That's right, I said rattlesnake derby. It's the towns annual carnival and claim to fame. you know smalltown, 3000 people, nothing better to do. But it's fun to experience the smalltown atmosphere. they keep better track of what vehicles I drive than I do myself....too funny. Gotta love the laid back life....

6 comments:

onehm said...

I still can't believe that you are really moving!!!
What a neat house. And how great to have all that space. Great news about your job and the other "job offers"...I haven't heard the details on those! That's awesome!
And I can't believe that you'll be gone by Christmas or Thanksgiving! What?? I swear I just talked to you...We need to talk more often so that I can keep up!
Congratulations on this next step in your lives.

Momma of two, finally said...

Honestly, it really started happening last week. We had already been planning for Big T to go in the next few weeks to get the house ready, it just got moved up a little.

Micah and Jen said...

Sooooo exciting! I am way jealous....as I am still "stuck in town" living and it sucks!!! I can't wait to come and see it in person and to ride your horse!!! Good luck with all the moving....so much fun huh?

little jill said...

I want to move to Texas. That is going to be so much fun. I'm jealous. Although I'm happy that I have a house--I wish it was in another state. Hooray for you!!

Micah and Jen said...

I can't believe you are there already! I am so happy for you guys and hopefully things will go better for you on the "unpacking" end now that you are there! Love ya!

Meghan said...

Thanks for stopping by to say hello! I'm so happy for you and Big T - the land and house look amazing! When I grow up I'll live in a house... :)